In a rapidly changing environment, SWD is monitoring very closely the government advice around the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health and care of SWD staff.
Our highest priority is the safety of our team and the welfare of our customers and suppliers. Without people, we cannot run our business, to this end SWD has taken several steps to protect our people.
- All staff who are able to work from home are now set up in home offices across the country. This reduces the risk of spreading any infection throughout the community.
- With modern communications equipment, we can operate all sales, marketing, procurement and accounts function just as efficiently as if we were all in one place.
- We have enacted a firewall in all our distribution centres so there can be no contamination between departments. We encourage you to do the same. Social distancing is 1.5 metres.
- We are providing Hand Sanitizers were possible across the business
- We will be working with our cleaners and staff to ensure a high level of cleaning is conducted in our branches, particularly high contact surfaces.
- SWD is a medium-sized business and such there is always somebody sick, injured or otherwise medically unwell; however, at the time of writing, we are not aware of anybody displaying any COVID-19 symptoms. These are all precautionary measures thanks to our forward-thinking leaders.
We apply the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene across our offices and operations.
- Our external sales representatives will observe social distancing protocols, please don't be offended if we don't shake hands.
- If we come to visit we will keep a safe distance, but we will keep these visits to an absolute minimum.
- We will also make use of the telephone to make representative calls where it is not possible to make face-to-face calls.
- Proof of Delivery – Delivery drivers will be asking for a name only when delivering product as proof of delivery. For now, we will not require a signature to reduce risk from sharing pens etc.
- Handling Product – We have asked that when the product is delivered or at a sales counter that our staff place the product on the bench and do not hand the product directly to another person.
- This applies to Marketing and promotional material as well.
Continuity of Supply-Imported Product
We have been working closely with our supplier partners to minimise disruption to our supply chains and ensure continued inventory availability. We do note that there will be supply issues despite our best efforts. We have a very strong inventory position as we keep lots of stock!
Added to this our ability to switch to local manufacture should the need arise, our exhaust factory can make 1000 universal mufflers a day if required.
With our Asia-based manufacturers now largely reporting that they are almost back to full production and shipping out of China having recommenced, we are hoping supply issues are kept to a minimum.
Quarantine times for the virus on hard surfaces is served in transit.
We would like to bring to your attention that we have some concerns around pricing due to the current exchange rate and nobody is immune to this, the last price presented was presented at an exchange of $0.675 AUD to USD. At COB yesterday the Australian dollar had plummeted to a 17-year low. We will have no option but to address this if the dollar does not rebound, 30 days notice will be provided. We apologise for this but it is outside our control.
We request that you consider online orders, this takes a significant strain off our phone room which at the moment is being bombarded with calls. If you have not registered your online account, please do so here -https://www.swd.com.au/loginand complete the form on the right. You can then view your buy price, stock levels and place orders directly.
The Silver Lining.
As we approach the traditional Easter holiday period, given the combination of restrictions on international travel, school holidays, lower fuel costs and social distancing making public transport less appealing, people will turn to their cars for both work and leisure. Australia is a nation of car lovers. We may well find the demand for the types of products you supply undergo somewhat of a spike in demand.
Let's hope for some good news.
Tougher Trading Conditions.
If your business trading is interrupted, or if you have any concerns in relation to your trading account, please make communication with your local representative or State Manager your highest priority. Alternatively, you can contact the accounts team on firstname.lastname@example.org. It's when communication stops that alarm bells begin to ring - talk to us as early as possible so we can help you.
We will work with you and endeavour to support you in the best way we can.
Business as Usual.
SWD is open for business and is at full capacity.
We know 'this too shall pass' as we stick together, help each other and look after each other.